Hi, I'm Julie.
Julie is an artist specializing in wildlife and nature as the driving force of her semi-surreal narrative. Her subjects transport a nostalgic yet timeless quality while often on the verge of action.
The moments where these creatures exist reflect not only the artists personal past and present, but also a world independent of our own. A place beyond the boundaries of human control, where nature in all its forms - flora, fauna, and mineral - are strengthened by each other and often merge together.
Julie's art is meant to transplant the viewer into that dimension of possibility and wonder.
She currently draws in Chicago and retreats to the forests of Michigan on a regular basis.
- Hokin Gallery - Not on Paper - January 2017
- Swoon Gallery - Get the Lead Out IIIV - November 2016
- IKON Images Gallery - Art of Saving a Horse - Oct 2016, 2017
- Light Grey Art Lab - Never Odd or Even - July 2016
- Albert P. Weisman - Grant Recipient & Exhibition - June 2013